flower-shilling

No prize The Trading Game #1

Competition does not have a prize.
The Trading Game
In this virtual trading game your initial cash balance is $100,000 AUD. The player with the highest portfolio value at the end of the game wins.

Use leverage carefully, as your game will end if your total balance falls below $1.

No prize in this first game. But there will be in future games.

It'll be fun to watch the leaderboard when the market opens Monday. Prices are updated every minute.

It's worth noting that all leverage in this game works both ways. For example if you selected max (20x) leverage on silver you'd make $20 per oz for each $1 rise in price, and you'd lose $20 per oz for each $1 fall in price.

If you use your entire cash balance $100,000 buying 20x silver (2,350 ounces), a $1 rise in price would mean you'd have a $147,000 portfolio, a $1 fall in price and your portfolio would be worth only $53,000. A little over $2 fall in price would mean you'd be bankrupt and it'd be game over for you.

Trading silver is not a cards game I can tell you that. Cards you can get lucky sometimes on a run. Trading silver is a very complex game of knowledge that can burn the best of traders. Bring it on

Hunger Games Odds GIF

US markets don't open for a couple of hours. I expect this to be a decisive week for silver. It's been a long time since the $30 resistance has been broken and here we are a few $$ away looking to test it for the second time in a few weeks.

I did a short trade to test everything out. Landed me $400+ profit but it's not registering anymore?

Edit: ok, there's a definite lag between displayed price/profits and actual price. Because there's a time delay before the price will refresh, If you close a trade, it will show the most recent refresh price but that may not be the actual price. It will only be marginal but something to keep in mind when closing a position.

Last edited:
One suggestion I have (if possible) is to put the silver price next to the open trading position, indicating the price point the position was placed.

Good idea, I'll create something that displays updated prices. In theory it could still be out-of-date if you press 'buy' within a few seconds of the price changing. But at least it won't be too far different.

In the meantime, best to press the 'refresh' before placing a 'buy'. That will at least make sure the price is as up-to-date as possible.

I'll gather up a few changes before the next game.

Maybe for the next game there should be two prizes. One for the highest value portfolio, one for the person who loses the most money, or goes bankrupt first.

Back