flower-shilling

No prize The Trading Game #1

Competition does not have a prize.
The Trading Game
In this virtual trading game your initial cash balance is $100,000 AUD. The player with the highest portfolio value at the end of the game wins.

Use leverage carefully, as your game will end if your total balance falls below $1.

No prize in this first game. But there will be in future games.

Maybe for the next game there should be two prizes. One for the highest value portfolio, one for the person who loses the most money, or goes bankrupt first.
🤣

Good idea, I'll create something that displays updated prices. In theory it could still be out-of-date if you press 'buy' within a few seconds of the price changing. But at least it won't be too far different.

In the meantime, best to press the 'refresh' before placing a 'buy'. That will at least make sure the price is as up-to-date as possible.

I'll gather up a few changes before the next game.

Also having the position size would be helpful. If you have multiple positions, I can't see any way to tell what size each one is without remembering them and the order you placed them.

@Administrator Does the displayed metals price and the trading price come from the same source? I've noticed a discrepancy between when the price refreshes and is displayed vs when the trading position updates.

@Administrator Does the displayed metals price and the trading price come from the same source? I've noticed a discrepancy between when the price refreshes and is displayed vs when the trading position updates.

They are both from the same source, and updated every minute.

I'll check this out for v2.

They are both from the same source, and updated every minute.

I'll check this out for v2.
Sweet. I've noticed there's a 30 second lag between the update price and trading position update. It still factors the real price in at all times but it can be deceiving when you think you're in profit and close a position but it hasn't updated yet and it turns into a loss.

I must say, the lack of buy/sell spread is really nice. Allows you to capture profits from small price movements that otherwise wouldn't be possible using a broker. My trading style has always been high leverage and big profits from multiple trades capturing small market movements. It seems to be really paying off in this game.

@STKR have you been up all night trading 20x Silver? :ROFLMAO:

😅 This is why I don't trade anymore; It consumes me! But I had a nap during the day and there was no chance I was sleeping. Plus, I've taken a break from work to focus on a project I'm working on.

dont judge me doctor who GIF

🤣

Also having the position size would be helpful. If you have multiple positions, I can't see any way to tell what size each one is without remembering them and the order you placed them.
I can see position size in landscape view but not portrait if that helps.

I can see position size in landscape view but not portrait if that helps.

I had to hide some columns on mobile devices due to limited screen width. There might be better options, I'll see what is possible.

Hopefully a little correction and we're off again. This is a pivotal price point here but it looks favourable to be testing 30usd this week 👍

This is around the limit I was hoping for this correction to go. I'm looking for a little tail on this new 1h candle and I'm gonna buy in and watch.

Did anyone just get in on that? That was some volatility there. Landed a $50,000+ profit. I've pulled out because of the volatility but I'll be buying in again soon

i just noticed something with my trades as well, not sure if this is what you saw too.

I closed some trades in profit according to the positions, and refreshed a bit later to see my cash balance went backwards

or maybe there's a bit of a lag before the trade is actually closed? i saw just now I had a portfolio value of ~99k but a cash cash value of ~101k??

i just noticed something with my trades as well, not sure if this is what you saw too.

I closed some trades in profit according to the positions, and refreshed a bit later to see my cash balance went backwards
Yes, the displayed profits/loss takes a little time to update - Approximately 30 seconds but it still factors it in and then updates. Can be frustrating

We're at $29.05 USD and the next stop is testing $30. Ready for the Friday smackdown!

Imagine if it touches 30 and bounces around on a Friday at those prices! Traders eyes will light up for sure I know I will get excited

DXY tanking 30 might come true

I can see it going to 80 in the next couple of years. You reckon this could be the beginning of the end? It does look like everything is lining up that way.

Back