flower-shilling

No prize The Trading Game #1

Competition does not have a prize.
The Trading Game
In this virtual trading game your initial cash balance is $100,000 AUD. The player with the highest portfolio value at the end of the game wins.

Use leverage carefully, as your game will end if your total balance falls below $1.

No prize in this first game. But there will be in future games.

I'm in.

What are we trading?

Gold or silver with optional leverage.

1x = No leverage. For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $1
5x = For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $5
10x = For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $10
20x = For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $20

-1x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $1
-5x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $5
-10x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $10
-20x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $20

I was testing the game with 100x leverage on silver. It didn't take long to go bankrupt.

It'll be interesting to see who wins. Players who use wild leverage, or simple buy and hold.

Also, because this is a game of skill, it'll be open to staff members to play too, including myself and @ozcopper.

Gold or silver with optional leverage.

1x = No leverage. For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $1
5x = For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $5
10x = For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $10
20x = For every $1 rise in price per oz held, you'd make $20

-1x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $1
-5x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $5
-10x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $10
-20x = For every $1 fall in price per oz held, you'd make $20

I was testing the game with 100x leverage on silver. It didn't take long to go bankrupt.

It'll be interesting to see who wins. Players who use wild leverage, or simple buy and hold.

Also, because this is a game of skill, it'll be open to staff members to play too, including myself and @ozcopper.

By the sound of it, there's no way to change your position size? Meaning your first trade will be a $100,000 position with X leverage?

By the sound of it, there's no way to change your position size? Meaning your first trade will be a $100,000 position with X leverage?

You can trade as much as you like. The only limitation is that you have no more than ten (10) open positions at any given time.

Trades can be minimum of $100. No upper limit.

You can trade as much as you like. The only limitation is that you have no more than ten (10) open positions at any given time.
Sweet. Can't wait to play.

Can you see other members portfolios? Like is there a rolling leaderboard or something? I guess all these questions will be answered once the game goes live...

Sweet. Can't wait to play.

Can you see other members portfolios? Like is there a rolling leaderboard or something? I guess all these questions will be answered once the game goes live...

You can see the leaderboard. But that does not show other player's trades, just their portfolio total value and the number of trades they've done.

So I have a Smithy's Bullion investment cast dragon that was acquired specifically to do a giveaway on here.
I mentioned in a previous treasure map game that I was waiting for us to break through, pull back and test $26 USD silver. Well... We've just done that!
Depending on how the game goes, and how many members participate, this trading game may be the best way to giveaway this prize. It's approximate value is around $450-$500 and is one of the first investment cast pours Smithy has done - the detail is truly remarkable.

Screenshot_2024-05-10-15-11-09-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I've moved the start time three hours earlier so it's a better hour of the night for most members.

Ok, the game is open.

You should all see the trading screen as the first post in this thread.

Please report any issues you encounter in this thread.

1715414829746.png

Ahhh, sorry. I should've have a deeper look at it

🤣 And you also mentioned that in earlier comments....

I'll let myself out

Ahhh, sorry. I should've have a deeper look at it

🤣 And you also mentioned that in earlier comments....

I'll let myself out

Not at all. It's good to get honest feedback. I'll think of a way to make it more intuitive for the next game.

Back