flower-shilling

Silver confiscation - Making private ownership Illegal

STKR

Pro member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I was watching this interview and it got me thinking about Silvers necessity for a green energy future. There aren't any Silver confiscation laws in place in Australia (unlike Gold) but that could change in a moment. A real silver shortage is quite threatening to stackers IMO because of how critical it is to the green agenda and military industrial complex. There's probably 4-5 Billion Oz's in Bullion form that the system will eventually come after. The easiest way to access this "available" silver is to make private ownership illegal and commence some sort of buy-back scheme.

I must admit, I was quite naive in my assessment of silver. I never considered this when I took a deep dive into evaluating Silver's potential all those years ago. I saw the military uses for silver and the green energy agenda as benefits only, and barely considered how that could threaten the goals I have for stacking long-term.

I think, and it's going to be difficult to time it perfectly, that we will be presented with a short window of opportunity to maximise our wealth and transfer it into another form of value. If silver really took off and gained mainstream attention, that Influx of demand alone could shock the world completely. At least enough to pose a threat to stackers around the world as silver becomes classed as a metal of significance for all nations and a potential confiscation-like regime follows suit.

This is the interview with Bix Weir and Andy Schectman:

This is the article Andy was referring to when discussing Military uses for silver:

And does anyone else find it mighty convenient and coincidental that the system is rigged to blow at the same time the handle on the silver market begins to fatigue and crack? Once they drain 'their' aboveground reserves, it won't be long before they start looking at our reserves as "available" Silver. And because so few people even stack silver, the only people who'll protest is dealers and portion stackers. That would probably represent a fraction of 1% of the population.

Interesting story, because if there was a run on physical silver for a Strategic purpose or green tech there is not enough held in vaults or reserves other than JPMorgans vaults. There would have to be a major price increase for stackers to toss their loot in. And if that doesn't happen WOW silver will explode past gold.

I guess the price will eventually become irrelevant if silver is viewed as a strategic resource of national or global significance. I reckon it will be like the gold confiscation periods where they offered/insisted to buy it back at $20 and then re-priced it at $35.

What concerns me is the possibility of making private ownership illegal under the guise of an environmental and/or a National defence emergency. If that were to happen, holding silver would become a liability. You couldn't sell it privately without potential consequences, and the private and retail market would die off almost immediately. You'd be banking on the possibility that the laws would change in the future and holding out until they do. Silver being a scarce metal, and demand for silver increasing, it's strategic metal status would likely be here to stay.

I think we're a long way away from this happening but it's something I'm factoring into my long-term strategy from here on.

I've seen this before but silver is a totally different story and poses far more risk IMO. I don't see gold confiscation happening unless the digital dollar wished to challenge competing currencies backed by gold to maintain Reserve status. That would be purely a financial stability angle. Gold isn't likely to be 'confiscated' due to its industrial application like silver. There's a lot of gold held aboveground already by TPTB but I'd feel comfortable in saying there's more aboveground silver in the hands of private citizens at this time in history.

Once we saw innovation (finding an alternative to silver) as a threat but now it could be the only thing that spares us from a private ownership ban.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think making private ownership of silver illegal is a probability? If you don't, why not?

Maybe we'll see a ramping up of scrap metal refining and a call for people to cash in their unwanted silver jewellery before it gets to such levels. We'd surely see a major price explosion before any of this took place, and that would bring out the greed in many people looking for a quick buck. If it went mainstream, they'd probably put a halt on trading and the free market (whatever that is?) Would likely set the physical price on a local level.

With deficits of 200+ million Oz's, I just think we may not be far away (6-10 years) from a major shortage and, personally, I think that could come with considerable risks... But not before considerable opportunity. If the risks are valid, it's worth factoring them into your exit strategy.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think making private ownership of silver illegal is a probability? If you don't, why not?

I think higher prices will happen long before they'd try to make it illegal. Perhaps the gov might try to limit bullion sales via dealers if there's a real shortage. But given most of the western world doesn't manufacture anything I can't see it becoming a problem within Australia.

I think higher prices will happen long before they'd try to make it illegal. Perhaps the gov might try to limit bullion sales via dealers if there's a real shortage. But given most of the western world doesn't manufacture anything I can't see it becoming a problem within Australia.

But the western world is still dependant on the manufacturing, regardless if they manufacture themselves. I view it as a global dependency issue. A real silver shortage could bring economies to their knees, and you'd think if that were to happen, there'd be some priority allocation set up to keep the cogs moving.

Initially, companies will begin competing for what's available, driving up the price. What will probably happen though, is the price will increase, scrap metal refining and uneconomical mines will become feasible, and that could kick the can down the road for some time.

BUT... Here's where I agree with your restricted Bullion sales analysis... The increase in price will see more mainstream participants enter the market and it would take almost nothing to 5x Bullion demand. No amount of scrap metal refining or mines coming online could offset that. The market simply couldn't accommodate such an influx.

The supply of physical Bullion is still limited to manufacturing bottlenecks. Mints can only produce X amount per year, just like how annual mine production has its limits, regardless of the reserve they sit on.

So here's the picture I see. Shortages lead to price increases, price increases lead to higher Bullion demand. Because silver is such a critical resource, the increase in Bullion demand takes silver off the market that could be used for manufacturing. Restrictions on mints (and subsequently dealers) are put in place, and premiums on Bullion increase as a result. This would likely be the first stage of dealing with shortages.

But here's the thing. When you look at the silver surveys, you can see that the current consumption could be sustained quite easily if physical investment demand was removed. In the face of a real silver shortage (crisis), it makes the most sense that investment demand would be targeted because it's the easiest course of action to take.

Silver was removed from our coinage for this very reason, and here we are, almost 60 years on, in a very similar position to that time in history. But what we have today is the 'green energy agenda' that's very dependant on silver, and if demand for silver increases considerably in that area, then simply restricting investment demand won't be enough.

The only options I see are:

1) Innovation - substituting Silver for other materials, or using less silver to achieve similar outcomes.
2) A scrap metal refining campaign
3) A big push to get new mines online
4) Making private ownership illegal

The first 3 points will likely be pursued but have one serious limitation. Time. It would be much quicker to collect aboveground available bullion from citizens than from any other source.

The good news is, we'd have a lot of pre-event indicators to see something like this coming... But are we already at stage 1? Premiums have definitely increased. Production limits at mints (for a variety of reasons) we're a thing not too long ago and still exist with the US mint now. Stagnant spot prices and higher premiums have been a good deterrent of physical investment. It would appear, at least from my assessment, that mechanisms are already in place to limit private ownership. Imagine what actions would be justified if a 5x of physical investment demand were to eventuate.

the thick book, mentioned about the function of paper money being dump on the streets, like W Germany
so its not about the actual metals, since their functions got taken over for so long ago by paper and later digital
making the possessions illegal in limited space, is always possible, but elsewhere are traded freely.
money printer is no good, like NK rocket man case, US can only watch their fire power being supplied to Russia, like a dog watching a bone.

the thick book, mentioned about the function of paper money being dump on the streets, like W Germany
so its not about the actual metals, since their functions got taken over for so long ago by paper and later digital
making the possessions illegal in limited space, is always possible, but elsewhere are traded freely.
money printer is no good, like NK rocket man case, US can only watch their fire power being supplied to Russia, like a dog watching a bone.

But that's only if you view silver from a Monetary "money" perspective and compare it directly with fiat. The real threat to making it illegal comes from it's industrial application.

I can't see the ownership of any product being made illegal simply because of a shortage. The only time they were able to justify this was when gold was money.

I can't see the ownership of any product being made illegal simply because of a shortage. The only time they were able to justify this was when gold was money.

Why not? I mean, the whole WEF "You'll own nothing and be happy" mantra comes to mind here. I'm very interested on hearing your thoughts as to why you don't see it happening, as I'm trying to make sense of this myself.

may be they can catch you for trading a piece of blob for can food, can food that you queue up for from daily ration. it can be considered illegal for trading restricted can food, but buying with your blob for pack of fruits from a farmer will be ok.

Why not? I mean, the whole WEF "You'll own nothing and be happy" mantra comes to mind here. I'm very interested on hearing your thoughts as to why you don't see it happening, as I'm trying to make sense of this myself.
I thought they only wanted my house and car, but maybe they do want everything.

Back