flower-shilling

NORFED lovers stackers space.

Silver Soul

Pro member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have been a NORFED Liberty Dollar collector for many years and in this time have communicated with many that had dealings with the company before the FEDs moved in & shut it down. ( Sadly some are not with us today ) These Silver rounds not only have a great story behind them but also are fun to collect from the cheap common ones to the very expensive asking price for the rarer to very rare ones! My goal in this thread is to show what the rarer ones are as sometimes they can be bought for very little for such rare objects!

First up is the NORFED copper mule with reeded edges. These were test strikes and turned out too expensive to produce in the US so they went to China! Now known as uglies ( Jeff K ) Told me when he was alive that the mintage of these mules was 20 or 1 roll.

Attachments

• 374_norfed_copper_mule_2.jpg
    374_norfed_copper_mule_2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 374_norfed_copper_mule.jpg
    374_norfed_copper_mule.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 62
Next up is the Dala 1/4ounce gold clad, Princess Kaiulani. These don't come up that often and are quite rare a very beautiful round in the hand too. These Dala Liberty Dollars are a stand-alone collection within the NORFED Liberty Dollar rounds, and only The 2007 Dala rounds are true NORFED's

Attachments

• 4 gold princess 1.jpg
    4 gold princess 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1
Here she is in a normal un-claded round. I believe that Princess Kaiulani is the Liberty lady on all of the NORFED rounds as the resemblance is so close.

Attachments

• Princess.jpg
    Princess.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 3
A very rare sight to see 2 Naked NORFED Liberty Dollar Euro's. Called naked because they are not numbered, and only 20 are like this! There is a mintage of only 100 that have numbers on them. Because of the low mintage, these are very hard to get & go for $5K upwards.

Attachments

• Euro.jpeg
    Euro.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 3
Silver Soul said:
A very rare sight to see 2 Naked NORFED Liberty Dollar Euro's. Called naked because they are not numbered, and only 20 are like this! There is a mintage of only 100 that have numbers on them. Because of the low mintage, these are very hard to get & go for $5K upwards.

Nice. I've only ever seen the USD versions. Purchased one from ebay back in 2012.

One of the rarest of NORFEDS is the 1oz Click together Ron Paul piedfort. Commissioned by RCO's Jeff K & Dave G The 1ounce is in two half-ounce rounds that fit together precisely. Unfortunately, the press dies broke & the project abandoned total mintage of these is 5. I'm lucky to have 1 of them

Attachments

• mintage 5.jpg
    mintage 5.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 7
These half ounce liberty peace dollars are quite hard to find as most of them were confiscated by the Feds. This one has been personally stamped by Bernard at a fund raising rally to help pay for his conviction court costs. I got this one from Jeff K & its the only one i have ever seen that has been counter stamped 4 times.

Attachments

• 1_2 peace dollar HM 5.jpg
    1_2 peace dollar HM 5.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 2
That's a nice collection Soul.  You can do a weekly post with 2 or 3 NORFED coins pictured in this place until the full collection is posted here online. 

Have you seen eBay cent66? There is a naked Euro & an Evansville on there for sale! The prices will burn a hole in ya pockets tho

If you talk to the guy who has the Euro, he will lower his price.  How do I know this?  I got one and didn't pay full price.  The Evansville seller won't budge much.  He had other NORFED coins that he sold on Ebay that were enticing. 

cent66 said:
If you talk to the guy who has the Euro, he will lower his price.  How do I know this?  I got one and didn't pay full price.  The Evansville seller won't budge much.  He had other NORFED coins that he sold on Ebay that were enticing.

What are NORFEDs worth these days. I remember buying one on eBay from the US (after one too many beers). I think I paid about $75 AUD for it.

It depends on what one it was boss! Most common jobbies sell for around $45 upwards, Uncommon sell for hundreds to thousands! My Ron Paul piedfort I got an offer of $8k for it I said nup because I could never replace it

Administrator said:
cent66 said:

What are NORFEDs worth these days. I remember buying one on eBay from the US (after one too many beers). I think I paid about $75 AUD for it.

The prices that Soul gave you is correct. I've seen low grade generic NORFED coins going at $49 and up.  There used to be several hundreds coins on Ebay, but the supply online has been dwindling down. 

cent66 said:
Administrator said:
cent66 said:

The prices that Soul gave you is correct. I've seen low grade generic NORFED coins going at $49 and up.  There used to be several hundreds coins on Ebay, but the supply online has been dwindling down.

I can't remember which one I have. It's in storage. I think it was a $20 liberty dollar. One ounce for sure. Not sure how rare that is?

If it's a 2004 plane $20 model they are scarce. The 2005 long hair & short hair rounds thousands of them were minted. Then you have the SMI $20 rounds some of these can go for hundreds if not thousands of dollars like the Evansville it is said that only about 50 were sold into the community before the feds hit the Liberty Dollars offices

Ron G had a nice little  number of the Evansville smi when they were sold in the US.  It's interesting because when I was buying them from him after all of his stack was gone! He actually acknowledged  I was right for these being the fastest moving numismatic rounds in the 20th century.

Ron G is probably kicking himself now he has sold the last one he has? No I think not he may have 1 more

I had to find my stash of norfeds to take a picture of my Evansville that will be my next subject in this thread.  Take note of the packaging! As it is the absolute best way of storing numismatics oxygen-free and a cheap way too. 

Attachments

• 20211109_195521.jpg
    20211109_195521.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
The Evansville. As it has been mentioned before, there is only about 50 of these worldwide because of the Feds raid on the NORFED's offices & confiscated them before too many of them were sold to the public. The significance of Evansville is if you want to collect the whole Liberty Dollar SMI set sellers of these will want big $$$ for them because of the rarity.

Attachments

• 20211110_103042.jpg
    20211110_103042.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Back