flower-shilling

You need this much silver to be in the top 1%

It's an interesting breakdown of averages. I don't know if having 1-3ozs would class you as a stacker, though. The 4 billion Oz investment grade Bullion is probably right, but the 300 million holders is probably a bit of a stretch IMO.

2 bars is a stack
so 2 x 1000 oz bars is also a stack
2 x 10 oz bars is also a stack

there are a lot of stacks being buried in the stomach of the world

I wonder how much of the supposed world silver reserves are actually gone in as much as there will be plenty of it in landfill as part of discarded equipment and un-recyclable waste like solar panels. Also how much was taken out of the system in the 20th century in discarded photographic materials?

Shaddam IV said:
I wonder how much of the supposed world silver reserves are actually gone in as much as there will be plenty of it in landfill as part of discarded equipment and un-recyclable waste like solar panels. Also how much was taken out of the system in the 20th century in discarded photographic materials?

Apparently we recycle 30% of E-Waste globally (European countries are the pioneers in this space). This figure was a lot higher than I thought it would be and shows us that we don't have a lot of silver to gain from recycling the rest of it. The recovery rate is around 95%, so it's far from sustainable in the very long-term.

There's still a good amount of silver in silverware and jewellery - Some of which will never be scrapped. But I am certain we will see higher scrap supply if we reach triple digit silver.

Back