flower-shilling

What are you willing to give me?

belever

Pro member
Silveroo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then one of the Twelve?the one called Judas Iscariot?went to the chief priests and asked, ?What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?? So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver. From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 26, verses 14-16.
Approximately 2000 years ago

30 pieces of silver is equivalent to roughly 15 troy ounces.

Approximately 5 week's wages at the time.

Certainly not a king's ransom.

And yet, exchanged for the King of Kings.

i would gladly give up king charles for 15oz of silver if i could
hell i would do it for a crisp high 5

I wouldnt call my self a religious man. more agnostic. But Jesus was a pretty good historical character at the very least.

Some people say he is the son of god, some say he was a profit, some say just a very popular preacher.
But one thing we do know there was a guy named Jesus who existed and preached good stuff, kept oppressed people happy and gave them hope, even if he was or wasnt the son of god.
so lets say for arguments sake he was just a preacher, the guy did nothing wrong and was killed for free speech, and sold off by his friend for doing nothing wrong.

So king or not I wouldnt sell a bloke off tobe put to death for preaching and exercising free speech.
Judas was a piece of shit for betraying a friend for some silver, No wonder its considered one of the biggest dick moves in history.

I do think the history of Jesus and Paul is some of the best, they are some of my favorite Historical characters. good dudes put to death for doing nothing other than having differing opinions or a different faith, stood up against oppressors with nothing but words. 

son of god, I dont claim to know either way, still an interesting dude who deserves respect IMO, even if you dont believe he was divine, there is nothing to suggests he was anything other than a very Good man at the very least, so can understand why people follow his teachings.

so happy Easter guys.

Perceived as a threat to the religious and political establishments.
I enjoy the historical details in Luke's account especially the jurisdictional shuffling and subsequent reconciliation between Herod and Pilate

Gospel of Luke Chapter 23

Then the whole assembly rose and led him off to Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying, ?We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Messiah, a king.?
So Pilate asked Jesus, ?Are you the king of the Jews??
?You have said so,? Jesus replied.

Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, ?I find no basis for a charge against this man.?
But they insisted, ?He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here.?
On hearing this, Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean. When he learned that Jesus was under Herod?s jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who was also in Jerusalem at that time.
When Herod saw Jesus, he was greatly pleased, because for a long time he had been wanting to see him. From what he had heard about him, he hoped to see him perform a sign of some sort. He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him. Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him. Dressing him in an elegant robe, they sent him back to Pilate. That day Herod and Pilate became friends?before this they had been enemies.

Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people, and said to them, ?You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him. Neither has Herod, for he sent him back to us; as you can see, he has done nothing to deserve death. Therefore, I will punish him and then release him.?

But the whole crowd shouted, ?Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us!? (Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)

Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again. But they kept shouting, ?Crucify him! Crucify him!?

For the third time he spoke to them: ?Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him.?

But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed. So Pilate decided to grant their demand. He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will

Gospel of Mark chapter 16

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus? body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, ?Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb??

But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

?Don?t be alarmed,? he said. ?You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ?He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.??

Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

Still scratching me head here! So who was the dude inside a tomb?

Don?t be alarmed,? he said. ?You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here.

The iron bar on the round door, broke with tremendous force from the inside. Someone alive did open that sealed door.

^^^^ I doubt very much that iron was used to seal the tomb as it was a very valuable commodity back then!  More so rope was the normal for kings burials and high status  Roman plebs to watch if burials  were ever tampered with by robbers. Back to the question who was the dude in the tomb if it wasn't jesus as stated by the scripts?

Likely another follower of Jesus who arrived at the open tomb before the others.

Some people have speculated it was the young man mentioned in Mark's gospel (14:51-52) just prior to Jesus' arrest and execution:

A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, he fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

Attachments

• photo_6169936755583727153_x.jpg
    photo_6169936755583727153_x.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Yeah nice story.
Here's what really happened, as I was there and made it happen.
Most important part , it was the first magic trick in the world.
2 , yeah we farked up and he died .
It was his twin brother who made the reapeance.
We had to make his brother such a deal that he couldn't refuse.
The bible was the first book of fiction.
And JC was the first victim of a magic trick going wrong.

on page 10
https://nebula.wsimg.com/50302647fb0c6696b2c3ac7e946c888b?AccessKeyId=1C7E0DBE4EB9AEE100A8&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

"Make it as secure as you know how. So they went and made the tomb
secure, sealing the stone and setting the guard." Matt. 27:65,66 Close up photo at left is of an iron shaft driven into the rock to seal the stone
from being rolled back and opening the tomb. It is about 5.5 feet to the
left of the door opening. This would have prevented the stone from
being rolled backward. The distance from the iron shaft to the stopping
point at right is 13 ft. 2inches, per our measurements.

Back