flower-shilling

Support Freedom of Speech

What is wrong with DuckDuckGo?

Also, there is nothing wrong with Chrome/Firefox + NoScript & Privacy Badger & Decentraleyes.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Chrome/Firefox + NoScript & Privacy Badger & Decentraleyes.
Anything American is a money making trap. The pigs only know greed. I'll put a full stop to that too .

DuckDuckGo has long been captured. Censored results and no privacy.

I use firefox but you do need to make some changes to it to protect your privacy.

A good start is here, All these changes can br made by typing about:config into the address bar.

Disable DRM Notifications

A workaround which seems to work for me is to disable the following in about:config :

media.gmp-widevinecdm.enabled
media.gmp-widevinecdm.visible

Disable Web Notifications:

To disable ALL NOTIFICATIONS, double-click the dom.webnotifications.enabled preference to switch its value from true to false -- this is a master switch, you won't get any desktop notifications from sites

Firefox Telemetry (Data Reporting)

Stopping the generation of Telemetry Pings

So how can you stop the generation of Telemetry Pings and archived pings in Firefox? By making the following changes on about:config.
  • toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled to false
  • toolkit.telemetry.enabled to false
  • toolkit.telemetry.unified to false

While we are at it, you may be interested in the following Telemetry-related preferences as well:

• datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled sends data if Health Report is enabled in the Firefox preferences under Data Choices.
  • datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled is the master kill switch. If disabled (set to false), no policy is shown and no uploads take place.
  • datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled.v2 will prevent the sending of Firefox Health Report v2 data to Mozilla.
  • toolkit.telemetry.server defines the server the Telemetry ping is sent to. Set to blank for instance to block this from happening.

Protect your location. Turn off Geo Enabled.

geo.enabled;false

I also make a lot of other changes in a new install of firefox but the ones above are the main privacy related ones.

Havent checked in for a few years but some newpiper named 'thehatedone' used to pump Tor pretty hard, but from what i could gather it has u.s intel backdoors from the begining. Seemed odd, as this channel proposed to be all about anonymity

DuckDuckGo’s Search Deal Prevents Browser From Blocking Microsoft Trackers
Link: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/duckduckgo-microsoft-trackers/452006/

Security News This Week: DuckDuckGo Isn’t as Private as You Think

I clicked through to the techcrunch article and the issue they raised was related to the DDG browser, not the DDG search (website). I did find a page on the Mojeek website that basically said DDG (search) gets all their data from Bing et al (which I knew, but that doesn't have any impact on their search results being private/tracked or not) while Mojeek is a fully independent search service (has their own crawler, database(s) and search algo).

With respect to the browser issue, I looked at the FF docs on telemetry pings and they are totally innocuous IMO:

It's not tracking/communitcating your browser history (ie. what websites you are visiting).

FF is fine IMO. I do recommend these browser extensions though:
  • https://noscript.net/ (TOR browser tech - gives you granular control over javascript - it doesn't run unless you give it permission)
  • https://privacybadger.org/ (Electronic Frontier Foundation's beacon and tracker blocker)
  • https://decentraleyes.org/ (blocks connections to major CDNs such as Cloudflare and Google and serves popular web libraries (such as JQuery and AngularJS) locally)

control freaks that they are, F35 takeoff password is required every single take off.
the planes are virtually useless lol
Stupid Japan are happy to fly them

Back