flower-shilling

Projects thread

STKR

Pro member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Please share any projects you're working on.

I bought a turbo to test fit on my project car. Sadly, it didn't suit my needs. I was planning to sell it but instead I bought a pod filter and turned it into a desk lamp.

IMG20240427153103.jpg

The light I purchased came with a remote and has multiple colour options. Looks sweet on my work desk at night.

IMG20240427153020.jpg
IMG20240427153018.jpgIMG20240427153015.jpg

I have a project car I've been building for longer than I care to admit. I go through waves of being heavily invested to losing interest and it just sits there for months and months at a time. Anyway, I'm back into a phase of heavily invested and I'm redoing all the wiring, installing some nice aftermarket parts along with a new Haltech ECU.

My latest issue: I was getting some battery drain. Because it's just a project car, I never really cared because I barely drive it and disconnect the battery when I parked it up. But because I'll be doing so much work soon, I thought I'd get the multimeter out and start investigating. Well, I isolated the problem to fuse 14. Looked up what fuse 14 did and...

Fuse 14:

Courtesy light, luggage compartment light, glovebox light, ignition switch lighting, central locking system, cigar lighter and clock

Well fck. It happens to be the fuse with the most associated accessories. After an hour of investigation, it turned out my boot light was staying on for some reason 😆

Here's the beast. I bet nobody can guess what it is 😜

Screenshot_2024-07-22-23-35-08-77_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

lol i was going to say saab but couldnt locate it online, the lines give it away as european, but volvo right?
i think i found a similar model

Volvo 240 turbo
Nope. The 240 is it's larger cousin that comes in a sendan or wagon. This little cracker is quite rare compared to the popular 240. I'm happy to tell you if you like? But you're so damn close it would be a shame to take it from you 😬

Volvo 345?
Pretty much, yes. It's called the Volvo 360 but the 340 (343 and 345) was it's predecessor in Europe. Australia only received the 360GLT models, and they were available in Australia from 1984 to 1989. There are sedan versions and 3 door versions, but we only got the 5 door hatchbacks. Very few 360's are left on the roads these days.

I love these old school front rear light cars, can be so much fun to drive if you don't mind sinking $$ into them without hope of return

I hope you don't leave that red pocket rocket in a public car park do you? In my neck of the woods that thing would be stripped down for parts faster than a blink of an eye and the only evidence of its existence would be an oil stain it left.

Back