flower-shilling

Perth mint 1 oz bar dimensions

dollars

Silveroo
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Do any members have the correct dimensions for the Perth mint 1 oz gold bar in tamper proof packing? One available local possible /probably fake just want to check no local bullion dealers to verify with XRF!

Can u put digital calipers on a shrink wrapped bar? There used to be a number of utube videos about that particular fake bar.

A quick email to perth mint might get results. I know all their coin dimentions are availabke online, obviously not the bar.

But you still cant put calipers on it if its in the packaging. I guess if its tungsten the difference would be significant?

Thank you SG. Did the google search earlier and watched the Bullion Now video unfortunately didn’t mention the dimensions.

But you still cant put calipers on it if its in the packaging. I guess if its tungsten the difference would be significant?
No this is not true as their density of both metals are the same, ie the dimensions would be the same. tho uncommon in small one ounce bars, Even xrf can be fooled by some good faked bars as some online dealers have foundout in the past. I did read that a vault in England found some tungsten cored bars after destructive test were done on them! So I guess this is the best way to determine, and maybe pay a small price to have the gold repoured.

Last edited:
It's such a shame Perth mint and Pamp bars have been counterfeit to this level. Trust in these bars have been diminished, and that's exactly why I won't touch them. There'll always be this association with them and there's plenty of other options to choose from that don't come with this liquidity-hampering doubt assigned to these bars.

It will only get worse as the price of gold blows out! 10 once gold bars are the target of many scum out there. The best I have seen is a 10 ounce drilled and 4 tungsten rods inserted then capped. The dealer was stunded when it was cut open.

Back