flower-shilling

National fuel supply at risk due to AdBlue shortage

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
National fuel supply at risk due to AdBlue shortage, Australian defence expert warns

A rise in the price of gas is contributing to a shortage of the emission inhibitor, which will affect almost all diesel engines, including fuel trucks

Australia?s national fuel supply could be disrupted due to a shortage of the diesel exhaust additive AdBlue, a defence expert has warned.

John Blackburn, former deputy chief of the Royal Australian air force and an expert on fuel security, said the vast majority of petrol and diesel in Australia is carried by trucks, rather than trains or coastal shipping tankers.

?So if this starts to impact trucks and logistics, it is then, in turn, going to impact the fuel supply,? Blackburn said.

AdBlue is required for most modern diesel engines to suppress emissions, but there are shortages because its key ingredient, urea, which is also used as a fertiliser, is running dangerously low after China restricted exports of the product. The shortage is also due to the price of gas, the main feedstock for urea.

The National Road Transport Association (NatRoad) says almost all fuel in Australia is transported by large road tankers.

A spokesperson for the association said it was more than likely that all of these fuel trucks would be part of the 1.5m trucks affected by the AdBlue shortage.

?The bigger the truck, the more modern and the more likely it is to be diesel-powered,? the spokesperson said.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/16/australian-adblue-shortage-2021-diesel-price-supplies-australia

The disabling of trucks on our roads would be catastrophic. But AdBlue exists for emission control. Modern diesels using AdBlue could bypass this with a reflash of their ECUs. The need for AdBlue could essentially be "tuned out" (at the disgust of climate activists) to avert a major crisis.

The broader crisis is the shortage of urea - an essential ingredient in the production of fertilisers, stock feed and, of course, AdBlue. It's also used in the manufacturing of plastics, some drugs and even skin creams.

It makes you wonder if this looming crisis is fabricated?
Do you think such a crisis would increase government dependence?
Would the resulting chaos command government intervention?
Would we see instances of martial law and rationing?
How will all this play out with the current mandatory jabs, boosters and passports?

I can't help but feel the timing of this is all too convenient...

I've been told that the newer trucks and farm equipment can't bypass the AdBlue dependency, but I still call bullshit.

Who would engineer equipment and a supply chain that is so obviously fragile and dependent on a single product?  You'd have to be a moron or totally corrupt.

So my answer to your questions is - If our trucks go down and our supply chain collapses then, yes, it's fabricated.

It would be some next level fuckery, but it's entirely possible.  Would government try to exploit the chaos and "save the day" with more authoritarianism ? - Yes, most definitely.

I don't see how they would tie it in with the jabs, but they might do rationing via digitial IDs and try to leverage off the same surveillance technology they already have in place.

Thankfully the diesel I have doesn't require AdBlue. Mine has a DPF system that occasionally burns off the soot.

The DPFs clog up all the time from frequent short trips. They need time to complete a burn cycle (about 20 minutes of driving) and often cause a lot of issues when they fail.

Many people remove them, which is illegal but understandable. They also remove the EGR valves because they gunk up the air intake and Rob a bit of performance. No emission control on any engine is there to benefit the engine in any way.

STKR said:
The DPFs clog up all the time from frequent short trips. They need time to complete a burn cycle (about 20 minutes of driving) and often cause a lot of issues when they fail.

Many people remove them, which is illegal but understandable. They also remove the EGR valves because they gunk up the air intake and Rob a bit of performance. No emission control on any engine is there to benefit the engine in any way.

The old diesels didn't really have any DPF and were much more reliable in that regard.

I remember a lot of my friends in younger years would punch a hole in their catalytic converters if they got clogged. Rather than spending $XXXX on a new one.

Back