flower-shilling

Is gold too expensive?

ozcopper

Staff member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is gold too expensive? I have noticed on the other forum there has been lots of gold for sale at spot. It just sits there or is slow to sell. The smaller items under 1oz seem to sell although slowly. Makes me think, is 1oz of gold too expensive for many people now? And what about in the future when it goes up more?
For me, it seems like stacking fractional would be the way to go. Your thoughts?

Silver seems to still be selling.

If i cannot afford the 1 oz gold in a month, then have to wait for two months to buy 100oz silver. But end up with 15 ten oz silver bars. Situation is gold has many strong buyers and the price is not bottom like in 1550 usd. But silver fall is good gap near 20 usd. There is down side to 16. But gold just stay 1800+. What to do.

ozcopper said:
Is gold too expensive? I have noticed on the other forum there has been lots of gold for sale at spot. It just sits there or is slow to sell. The smaller items under 1oz seem to sell although slowly. Makes me think, is 1oz of gold too expensive for many people now? And what about in the future when it goes up more?
For me, it seems like stacking fractional would be the way to go. Your thoughts?

Silver seems to still be selling.

It's all relative. I know a few people who are now buying gold but haven't looked at it in the past. They're not going to buy on a forum, they'd rather pay a few $$ extra and get it from a bullion dealer. They're mostly buying 1oz gold coins.

Fractional might be the way to go for forum based transactions.

Remember this few $100 on gold here or there, or $6 on silver isn't going to matter much in the end., I mean sure you will have more, but the gains will be so good that you wont care.
It will be like people who brought btc at $3 V's $30, sure the $30 guy did less good, but he's still living in a mansion and driving a Ferrari.

People are rattled at the moment & many are consolidating debt.
Gold is like real estate. You tend to look back & lament missed opportunities & say geez gold was only $... or that house was only $500,000. I don't think it really ever appears cheap in the moment but in hindsight...

Buyer sentiment def seems alot lower for gold then for silver atm think most people are waiting for it to level out and dip back down. Moved silver bars at decent price fast while a 10gram minted bar at less then $15 over spot which is crazy took days to move and half Oz coin close to spot...with express took days too. People hesitant to put so much out as less disposable income now too perhaps depending on they're employment and earnings

I like the 1/10 never too expensive and easy to flip if need be. anything over 5g is hard to move on. rise in interest rates/ food costs/ general inflation of goods and services/ fuel,  most definitely have halted purchases in PM's for me and no doubt others. Sayin that PMs just might get a massive sling to the moon soon as fiat collapses into the shithole as toilet paper.  ;D

Used to have many 1/10 but only 1s I actually stack or more so collect now is pandas  ;) simply because Enjoy them and like a versatile variety. 1/10s def good to flip especially within forums from what I've seen. Personally I prefer half Oz and higher premiums paid for lower and smaller fractionals add up quite abit and worse case scenario I can easily and cost effectively sell 1oz and even 50gram in one go rather then smaller amounts. Def forum wise but 1/10s are the go  :)

Back