flower-shilling

Concern at the bank- Neil Oliver

Neil is great.

I'll tell you what I do. I have multiple bank accounts with different branches. Each card I have has a $2000 withdrawal limit. Instead of dealing with the bank and asking for permission to withdraw my cash, I just go to the ATM and take it out in a few lots. Up to $6000 a day, if necessary.
I don't appreciate having an employee of a bank feel entitled to pry into my personal affairs because I wish to access my savings. It never sits well with me and I can't help to make a scene about it. By having multiple cards with a $2k withdrawal limit, I can withdraw up to $42K a week without the confrontation.

STKR said:
I'll tell you what I do. I have multiple bank accounts with different branches. Each card I have has a $2000 withdrawal limit. Instead of dealing with the bank and asking for permission to withdraw my cash, I just go to the ATM and take it out in a few lots. Up to $6000 a day, if necessary.
I don't appreciate having an employee of a bank feel entitled to pry into my personal affairs because I wish to access my savings. It never sits well with me and I can't help to make a scene about it. By having multiple cards with a $2k withdrawal limit, I can withdraw up to $42K a week without the confrontation.

I remember I was making $1K per day withdrawals via ATM. Then I went into a branch to make a $5K cash withdrawal. The teller asked "what is this for". I said "I was buying a boat".

Having multiple bank accounts is definitely the best way to go.

I don't remember if I posted this here but I also have the multiple accounts to get cash.

The problem I had was making a deposit for a forum purchase just over $2K.  Bank fool wanted my ID.  He had asked if it was my account.  I said no, but I believe if I said yes he would have got most as well.  In the end he made the deposit but was fairly aggressive.  That may be where there will be a problem in the future getting money into the account as well as out.

Surprisingly I've only ever been asked once by the WBC bank teller as to why I was taking X K's in cash out. She asked me "May I ask why you are withdrawing X $?"...I said "Of  course you can ask but please do not be offended when I tell you it's none of your business"...she smiled nicely and handed over the cash.

Just as a reminder to all here, the Aust Govt deposit guarantee was amended from unlimited to limited circa 2010/11. Now the bank deposit guarantee if APRA and Commonwealth Treasurer agree to implement it is limited to AUD20.0bn per bank...that won't go far when a bank like CBA has circa AUD700bn in Australian domiciled client deposit monies....about 2.8c in the dollar.

I just checked my quick balance on the NAB app and it was showing $0. If there's maintenance or updates going on they usually say it's unavailable at this time.

I logged in and all my funny digits were still there, but I've never seen this happen with any accounts with any banks before. I'm pretty suss and what's going on right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-22-00-20-42-11_a29fd88c34616fae495ecccff64e7d80.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-22-00-20-42-11_a29fd88c34616fae495ecccff64e7d80.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 0
Back