flower-shilling

Bizarre and expensive discovery of silver ingot on isolated Mylestom beach

ozcopper

Staff member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Bizarre and expensive discovery of silver ingot on isolated Mylestom beach

Officers are investigating after an expensive discovery was made on an Australian beach, with good Samaritan handing it into police.

Police are searching for the owner of a huge silver bar (ingot) found on an isolated beach in northern NSW.

A member of the public found the ingot lying in the sand at Mylestom Beach in Mylestom, about 25km south of Coffs Harbour on July 21 2022.

They then handed the expensive discovery into police at Coffs Harbour, who have since commenced an investigation to find out who it belongs to.

More: https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/bizarre-and-expensive-discovery-of-silver-ingot-on-isolated-mylestom-beach/news-story/40753ff6addba17ab2feef945968dea6

that thing has to have drugs stashed in it, look at that size of it for it only being 1kg, that has tobe hollowed out

For the size it's got to be aluminum or some other light metal. Probably not worth much.

A silver ingot weighing a kilogram can be sold for around $1000

Also I wish they'd tell me where I could get $1000 1kg silver bars? It would have literally taken one Google search to show it's closer to $1200 AUD.

I think this story might be fake, the writer messed up the facts or their lying about the weight and price of the bar so people see that bar and read the story and think silver is big and if that much is worth 1000 bucks what's the point?

Those things don't just fall out of people's pockets! If I were near there I'd be all over that beach with a metal detector looking for a burial  :p

Silver Soul said:
Those things don't just fall out of people's pockets! If I were near there I'd be all over that beach with a metal detector looking for a burial  :p

if this story is true.
Your right and thats why Im thinking it maybe hollowed out and filled with drugs, .
This could be one of those instances where the story is put forward in hopes a dumb ass drug dealer comes forward thinking the cops havent figured out its hollow with drugs, to claim their silver bar lol other reason maybe is the bullion was used as a drug payment, to me the only way i could see a modern silver bullion bar being on a beach is something todo with drug smuggling and some one was interrupted and dropped it in  a hurry. But who knows

the other thing could be the media just used a stock photo of a bar online. thinking the readers are stupid.

Ok i found another article, its not saying the size of the bar, but its saying silver is worth over $1100 a kg. so maybe the last article was just poorly written, compared to this one
It says here

(The bar's value has not been calculated, but is estimated to be substantial.

"Probably a significant amount of money in our view," Mr Henderson-Smith said.

Silver is currently worth more than $1,100 a kilogram.)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-06/police-search-for-owner-of-silver-ingot-northern-nsw-beach/101833734

Those bars that were stolen not long ago eh?
I can't remember exactly but somewhere in Australia there was a big bullion,  I think I remember it was bars they stole put of barrels of I remember right. The greatest spot to hide treasure, like a pitate on a beach! Then a storm washes 2 meters of sand off the surface.
If it identified as one of those bars people will be going treasure hunting for sure!

Back