flower-shilling

$40+ Silver

@STKR I was counting 2011 high of $46.40 as the ath because 1980 is so far back it's pretty much irrelevant.

Ha! I completely agree and TBH didn't even consider 1980. Now I'm curious...

We weren't far from $46.40. It's an interesting contrast, isn't it? To think silver is almost half of its ATH in USD terms but was so close in AUD. Oil was around $115 a barrel at that time, and although the weak dollar is good for our stacks, we certainly pay for such benefits at the pumps today. I don't often think about it but it's true that anything priced in USD is a bet on the dollar itself. A 2011 exchange rate today would see fuel at $1 per litre but silver would be $25.

The exchange rate in 1980 was around $0.85. that would bring the price of Silver to $58.80 AUD. Adjusted for inflation (x5.13 apparently) would be $300 AUD!

If anything, I think 1980 showed us that tangible assets like silver and gold can increase 25x or more when the fear of inflation really takes hold. I think what lies ahead is more than just a fear of inflation, but a mass exodus from collapsing fiat currencies worldwide.

Metals can be traded in many other competing exchanges, in particular inside BRICS

Multipolarity at work
This will bring more gaps in prices/exchange rates/interest/inflations/metals liquidity etc

Washington and London have limited trading of Russian aluminum, copper and nickel on their exchanges

$2.50 up, then $2.80 down is a lot of movement for one day, but in the not to distant future there will be $20 up days and this will seem like irrelevant noise from the past.

$2.50 up, then $2.80 down is a lot of movement for one day, but in the not to distant future there will be $20 up days and this will seem like irrelevant noise from the past.
I didn't foresee a silver price explosion until beyond 2028 on the back of a true physical shortage. But I'm beginning to think it could be closer than originally thought. $20 days are very realistic if the world began competing for supply.

its a chart painter at work, trying to put an upsidedown long handle hammer, but in a midway of a second leg up
the picture will only complete with a third leg up, so it does not matter much, nobody will be convinced to abondone their longs

Alor's talking candle formations and Elliott waves. You're mysteriously unique and a fascinating individual, Alor.

You're implying that it's a bullish correction with the next move up being the best to come, and confidence in the market isn't likely to falter.

for metals buyers are totally different group, paper traders are very active to go short for quick profit taking.
there is not much discount to have, so the metals buyers will proceed accordingly as they are not buying at the top.
when the shots are fired, the paper will fly first and metals to follow.

the analysts are viewing the attack on Iran very differently, from the opposite of the poles.
the one that get attacked take it as the attacked on all of us, so the responses will be better to come from the all of us.
NK needs to get their nukes ready as well. boom all hell will break open

the bull hates it when you get to enjoy your ride to the top, it always try to make you on foot. lol

These prices are making me rethink my whole "exit" strategy.

At some point we have to sell.

After a long time of spot price doing pretty much nothing, my strategy was to sell it piecemeal as collector pieces.

I don't know now that it may be that we get our moon shot.

If I could sell my collection to pay off my mortgage well that'd be awfully tempting

Thats a great problem to have, ie when to sell. If you are fully stacked and only buying in dribbles then when to sell is the only question to answer.
The problem like all other assets is that they continue to go up, most of the time. Some quicker than others. The housing market has small corrections while the stock market can have big ones but over the decades they generally go up. So the question is, how much will silver and gold go up? People have their opinions. As an example some think gold has only just started its third bull run and if like the previous two bull runs then 10x is not out of the ordinary/question. So if spot doubles from here, it would be very tempting to sell, but we could be missing out on most of the upward run. Oh what a problem to have / when to sell :) And if your just beginning your stacking empire, either way, keep stacking, one can never have enough right o_O

Back