flower-shilling

Taiwan Earthquake 7.2

I would rather be on one in Taiwan than in China
I didn't realise Taiwan lies along the ring of fire and is prone to earthquakes. Their bridges are probably built to withstand them. I was surprised at how much the bridge was able to flex without collapsing.

remotely turn off a ship engine, ship hit and collapsed bridge in Baltimore, must be power failure

I didn't realise Taiwan lies along the ring of fire and is prone to earthquakes. Their bridges are probably built to withstand them. I was surprised at how much the bridge was able to flex without collapsing.
Yes, I am under the impression they have high standards in Taiwan. Unlike the tofu buildings in China

Rare storms with typhoon-like winds ravaged China's Jiangxi province since the weekend.7 people were killed, with 3 of them plunging to their deaths after they were blown out of their high-rise apartments in their sleep.

I would rather be on one in Taiwan than in China

It's amazing the buildings that fall remain mostly intact. I lived in Taiwan for many years. The amount of steel they use in their buildings is amazing. They are also very strict with building codes.

^ absolutely terrifying. When I was watching the previous video you posted, the first thing I thought was "I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the side of that mountain", then a car gets taken out by a boulder.

^ absolutely terrifying. When I was watching the previous video you posted, the first thing I thought was "I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the side of that mountain", then a car gets taken out by a boulder.

I've traveled through that exact road in Taroko National Park, on the east of Taiwan. There is literally be nowhere to go.

Both sides of the gorge are almost vertical. The only hope is to stop in one of those concrete rockfall shelters.

I've traveled through that exact road in Taroko National Park, on the east of Taiwan. There is literally be nowhere to go.

Both sides of the gorge are almost vertical. The only hope is to stop in one of those concrete rockfall shelters.

I didn't realise they were rockfall shelters, but I did think they looked mighty convenient.

As a retired arborist, I'm always on edge driving around large Gum trees with branches overhanging the road. I'd make myself very uncomfortable driving in that setting with the threat of boulders.

Back