flower-shilling

Queensland bank tells customer she can?t withdraw cash

ozcopper

Staff member
Silveroo
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A Queensland mum was left stunned after her bank told her she could not withdraw cash. It?s a sign of a much bigger problem.

A fed-up mum has cut ties with ANZ and lashed out online after being told she was unable to withdraw cash from her local branch.

Brisbane woman Taryn Comptyn revealed she had visited her local branch to withdraw $3,500 to pay for renovations on her home.

When she arrived she realised she had forgotten her bank card, so she went inside in a bid to withdraw the lump sum using a teller.

In a video shared on social media, Comptyn said she thought it would be ?fine? to ?just go to the teller? with ID.

But she was shocked to learn that tellers had no access to cash whatsoever and the only way to withdraw funds was via the ATM.

Things got worse from there.

The ANZ teller offered to set Comptyn up with a temporary card but when she tried to use it at the ATM she was greeted by an error message.

?(The teller) said, ?I am really sorry, there is nothing we can do?,? Comptyn recalled.

Frustrated, she told the teller ?I need to get my money out of my bank account,? to which the teller responded apologetically, ?We don?t carry cash here.?

Comptyn said she made a quick decision to transfer every cent from her ANZ account into an account she holds with a different bank.

She immediately closed her accounts with ANZ.

Comptyn?s social media post struck a chord with many, garnering almost 40,000 viewers in five days.

More: https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/banking/queensland-bank-tells-customer-she-cant-withdraw-cash/news-story/4ca70ade54ad404e40d07d1da378f9d6

Moving it into another bank is futile, they're all going the same way.
If she was smart she'd move it into gold and silver.

I have an account with every major provider that doesn?t charge fees for basic transaction and keep $1k in each

When I need cash I find my closest ATM and withdraw $1k from each card before using the next.

It?s the only foolproof way I can get $5-$10k out of the bank without dealing with useless bank tellers.

Back